BANKING VIETNAM 2010, HANOI
"Banking modernization on the threshold of economic recovery"
Hanoi, May 26, 2010. With the approvement from the State Bank of Vietnam, Information Technology Department of the Bank (ITDB) – the State Bank of Vietnam in conjunction with International Data Group (IDG) organize BANKING VIETNAM 2010, HANOI from 26th to 28th, May 2010 at Melia Hotel, Hanoi. The annual conference and showcase features the theme “Banking modernization at the threshold of economic recovery”.
Along with strategies to revolutionize and modernize banking technology, Banking Vietnam has focussed to present multitude of specialized modern banking solutions as well as serving as a media channel, introducing achievements of banking technology and development of Banking Vietnam system to broad audiences from local and international. Especially, the two recent Banking Vietnam held in Hanoi (May, 2009) and Hochiminh (December, 2009) has garnered wide receptions and successes.
Giving assessment on this annual event, Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Nguyễn Văn Giàu affirmed that: “Banking Vietnam has truly been the bridge that connect solution providers, Vietnam’s bankers and clients. This forum has attracted managers, researchers, specialists who are currently working in finance, monetary, banking and ICT industries domestically and internationally to share information on directly access latest solutions and advanced technology contributing to banks self-innovation and improvement on the foundation of ICT’s rapid development, right direction, high efficiency…”
As global economy is shifting into recovery, banking sector is actively deploying 2010’s plans, in which: ICT focus on resolving 4 pivotal issues: (i) research, deploy and develop channels that deliver automated banking services; (ii) Ensure security, information system security and risk management; (iii) Improve service quality towards people’ convenience; (iv) Strengthening latest and modern IT applications in management, governance, administration of banking business. Relating to transactions activities, banking sector is continuing to deploy the project “Developing banking technology and non – cash payment instrument in the period 2006 – 2010 and vision for 2020. Concurrently, banking sector is constructing the strategic plan for the development of banking industry in the 2011-2020 period and vision for 2025. These aforementioned lay a fundamental foundation for organizing the 12th Banking Vietnam in Hanoi.
BANKING VIETNAM 2010 - HANOI: CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
BANKING VIETNAM 2010, HANOI focus on 3 main contents: 1) Strategic planning for banking technology development to support for strategic banking and socio – economic development in the renewal period; 2) Banking technology in boasting non-cash payment; 3) Banking technology in enhancing corporate governance and risk management.
Keynotes of leadership from the State Bank of Vietnam and high level executives from international technolonoly corporations and financial and banking industry at the plenary session will provide audience with the following issues:
• Strategic Planning for the Development of Banking industry in 2011-2020 period and Vision for 2025 by Ms. Nguyen Thi Kim Thanh, Director, Banking Strategy Institute, The State Bank of Vietnam
• Overview on Developing Information Systems for Banking Management and Modernization in the period 2011 – 2020 by Mr. Le Manh Hung, Director, IT Department, The State Bank of Vietnam
• Non-cash Payment in Vietnam: Current state and Guidelines for the next phase by Mr. Bui Quang Tien, Director, Payment Department, The State Bank of Vietnam
• Hanoi to become a Modern Financial center by Ms. Nguyen Thi Mai Suong, Director, The State Bank of Vietnam in Hanoi
Other 3 keynotes from leading solution providers are Oracle Financial Services Software – Asia Pacific with “Deploying Analytics to Increase Performance and Profitability”, FPT-IS with “Development trends of modern banking services and technology“, and Schneider Electric, Asia Pacific & Japan with “The EcoStrucxure story in Datacenters and Networks”.
The conference program with 4 specific sessions and 45 speakers and panelists will approach multiple in-depth topics:
Session 1: Transforming banking technology toward a modern banking sector.
As the economy is recovering after recession, banking technology needs to be widely deployed to help Vietnam banking industry create new breakthroughs. This session will introduce master plans of technology development that will boost up the management and analysis information systems of banking industry and as well as infuse technology with banking services to create more banking products. Some of the notable presentations are:
• Information Credit System & Modernization of Banking sector by Mr. Pham Cong Uan, Director, Credit Information Center, The State Bank of Vietnam
• Credit Information System for better access to Finance & CRD in Japan by Mr Hiasatsugu Furukawa, Senior Researcher, International Bureau, The Japan Economic Research Institute
• Evolving a Customer Centric Platform for Vietnamese Banks: Strategies and Trends from across the world by Mr. Lance Tay, Senior Director, Asia Pacific & Japan, Financial Services Industry Business Unit, Oracle Financial Services Software
Session 2: Enhancing corporate governance & management for Banking sector
This session revolves around the solutions of information retrieval and analysis to help build up concentrated information systems, integrate all work procedures into an advanced architecture that improves the banks’ management ability.
• Business Intelligence & Data Analysis by Mr. Philip Chong, Executive Director Risk Consulting, Deloitte
• Next Generation of Digital Authentication and Data Communication Infrastructure – A Key Solution to Enhancing Corporate Governance for banking sector by Mr. La The Hung, Manager, Information Security Department, VDC
Session 3: “Banking Technology with improving Non-cash payment for the economy”
According to statistics of State Bank of Vietnam, till quarter 1 of 2010, non-cash payments have claimed 85% of total transactions through banks, in which the amount of electronic transactions were 60%. Aiming to a non-cash economy in 2015 in Vietnam, Banking Vietnam 2010 will focus introducing modern transaction models, develop payment services through channels such as ATM, POS, electronic banking...
• Non-cash payment instruments and their infrastructures in Japan: Galapagos phenomena or disruptive technologies? By Mr. Taiji Inui, Senior Manager of Global Business Development Group, NTT Data Corporation
• Smartlink to push up non-cash payment in Vietnam by Ms. Nguyen Tu Anh, CEO, Smartlink Card, JSC.
• ATM Network Economy by Mr. Eduardas Vaigauskas, General Manager of GRG Banking Equipment (HK) Co., Limited
Session 4: Securing Banking information system and services
This session will discuss about security solutions for information systems in order to ensure the accuracy and safety for banking transactions that help banks to develop customers’ trust. Highlighted presentations are:
• The Murphy Law and Disaster Recovery Solution for Banking sector
Mr. Dang Manh Pho, CIO/ Standing Deputy Director, Management Board of Banking Modernization Project, Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam
• AOS (AhnLab Online Security) for Internet banking and its benefits
Mr. Paul Kwak, Team leader of oversea business team, AhnLab, Inc.
The conference will be concluded by a panel discussion chaired by Mr. Nguyen Toan Thang, Vice Governor, the State Bank of Vietnam. Panelists are all speakers will discuss with audience on 3 main topics: developing non-cash payment in Vietnam, improving banking management capability and securing banking services. The Vice Governor Nguyen Toan Thang will also deliver closing remarks and extend sincere thanks to all participants.
BANKING VIETNAM 2010 - HANOI: DEMONSTRATION OF AUTOBANK MODEL
The 12th "BANKING VIETNAM" is held in Hanoi when the whole country is rolling up their sleeves for the celebration of 1.000th Thang Long – Hanoi anniversary in October, 2010. On this occasion, the State Bank of Vietnam and all commercial banks will introduce their achievements during the years of building up and development to international visitors and local people, proving the city’s potential to become a social and economic center of the country.
Exhibition area at Banking Vietnam 2010 – Hanoi will have 2 highlights: Firstly, this is the first time the organizers showcase Autobank model jointly participated by 7 commercial banks like Agribank, Bao Viet Bank, BIDV, Vietcombank, Vietinbank, Techcombank, Tien Phong Bank. Visitors to Banking Vietnam 2010 – Hanoi can process all banking services at the Autobank. Secondly, the organizers try to reappear Hanoi’s old streets featuring modern financial and banking activities. This is also an exhibition area for local and multinational banking technology corporations to demonstrate advanced products and services, new technologies and equipment for banking industry.
Banking Vietnam 2010 – Hanoi has 45 international and local speakers, 52 sponsors, 40 exhibition booths. The organizers expect 1,000 conference attendees and 2,500 exhibition visitors to the event during 2 days of May 27 and 28, 2010 at Melia Hotel.
For further information about Banking Vietnam 2010, please contact: